THE SETTE 270WI IS THE FIRST-EVER HOME GRINDER OFFERING GRIND-BY-WEIGHT FUNCTIONALITY DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PORTAFILTER OR GROUNDS BIN.
Dosage is calculated and controlled automatically by a precise digital scale utilizing Acaia weighing technology. The i in Wi stands for intelligent – the grinder quickly calculates and self-adjusts after changes in coffee bean or grind size. It also includes Bluetooth connectivity so that you can pair your Sette 270Wi with Acaia’s Sette Updater app on iOS to ensure timely updates if a change to the software is made.
The revolutionary gearbox and burrset design provide fast grinding and minimal waste, with an integrated adjustment assembly offering you 30 macro steps of adjustment plus 9 marked settings of stepless micro-adjustment for responsive grind setting changes. Explore different brewing methods with a convertible device holder that allows for hands-free grinding, into a portafilter, the included grounds bin, or most popular brewing devices.
The Sette 270Wi handles your ground coffee with consistency every step of the process. We Grind You Brew.
- The "i" in 270Wi stands for intelligence - the grinder now quickly calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- The new 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect dosing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, unsteady surfaces.
- A "quick burst" feature allows you to add small increments of coffee to your final dose after the grinder has stopped.
- In the event of a software update, it can be installed wirelessly via the integrated Bluetooth using Apple phone or tablet.
- Recent versions of the Sette 270W are upward compatible to the Sette 270Wi, by purchasing and installing the new 270Wi Display panel and then updating the software via an Acaia App.
The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
- Powerful DC motor for maximum starting torque and efficiency, resulting in cooler operation.
BURRS & BREWING METHODS
Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 270Wi is built with 40mm conical S1 burrs, which produce weight-based espresso grind, as well as grinding for manual brewing requiring a finer grind range (e.g.weight-based Aeropress and Hario V60). They grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the roast and the setting. The burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years.
The clever design of the Sette Series burr assembly offers you, the user, the ability to exchange the cone burr in less than a minute with no tools and no recalibration. Check this video from about 30 seconds in to see how easy it is to make the switch.
CONVERTIBLE DEVICE HOLDER & GROUNDS BIN
A built-in convertible holder, unique to the Sette Series, allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (V60, Clever, Kalita, etc.). The rubber sleeves on the arms are fully rotational allowing you the option to position them in a way that best suits the tool/brew-method you are using. The arms can accommodate portafilters from sizes 49mm to 58mm and the holder includes an integrated hook for stability.
The Sette’s grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. It has a usable capacity of 160g (Med Roast).
ACAIA - (WEIGHT-BASED DOSING)
This grinder was designed with a built-in scale